Friday, August 30, 2013

Classroom Reveal!

I think I can finally say my classroom is no longer under construction. And by construction, I mean me organizing the explosion of items that comes along with the territory of any teacher moving into a new room.  It is officially ready for my second graders to arrive Tuesday! Here are some of my favorite parts...


I think I am MOST excited about my college wall! College readiness is a big deal at our school, so I thought, why not expose my students to some choices now and get them thinking, "Class of 2024, where do YOU want to go to college?"


I attempted to be as unbiased as possible, but I realized subconsciously I used maize and blue for my accent colors (HAIL!).  I immediately made up for it by displaying MSU and Ohio State prominently at the top of my columns.

Another favorite of mine is my classroom library. I have an awkward pillar in the middle of my room, but I actually now think it is an advantage. I used a bookcase to cut off access to it, and now it makes my library more enclosed and homey looking!


Also, I am super pumped about my organization this year. I have each book bin labeled by author, genre, topic, etc. and then the best part is that inside the book is a label that matches the bin. No more of me pulling out my hair as I organize misplaced books!

You can probably tell by now that I went the whole Chevron route this year. Because Chevron in every colored border was on backorder, I actually printed out scrapbook paper and cut it myself... Obsessive? Yes. Worth it? Absolutely. :)


Our school studies a moral focus virtue each month, we start with wisdom. The "Knocking My Socks Off!" bulletin board will be used to display student work. Last but not least, I will post expectations on the Daily 5 board as we go through the first 20 days!


A final view. Now to get some good sleep in before Tuesday!

 photo Katie120_zps8b8e103b.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment